Success is living in the value God’s already given you.
- How do you define success?
- How has your definition of success changed over the years or in different seasons of your life?
- What things or people have influenced your definition of success in each of those seasons?
- The world defines success as what gives you value. The world promises us freedom through success, but what it really gives us is bondage.
- How has the world defined success in your life?
- What freedom were you desiring when you were chasing that success?
- What bondage did you find instead?
- Read 1 John 5:4
- What do you think “born of God” means?
- What does it mean to you to “overcome the world”?
- Read Romans 8:15-17
- How does it make you feel when the Scripture says you are adopted? What meaning does that hold for you?
- We have value just by being God’s child. How does that change your pursuit of success?
- Read Ephesians 5:1 and Colossians 3:12
- In these verses, we are called God’s Beloved or dearly loved ones.
- What does it mean to you to be dearly loved?
- Do you struggle with feeling loved or feeling worthy of love?
- How do you need to redefine success in your life?
- What are some ways you can add value to the world instead of being defined by the world?
- How can this group help you with that?
- You are valuable because Jesus paid the ultimate price for you. How can you live in the value God has already given you (acting in a way that shows you believe you are valuable)?
- How can this group encourage you?
- As I pursue success, do I believe this will bring me value, or, do I believe I already have it?
We overcome the world, living as children of God, made possible through the success of the cross. Our hope is in the one who did overcome the world…and His Spirit now lives in you and me.
Bible Reading Plan
Scripture: Romans 8:35-39
Song: “Someone’s Praying” by Brad Bichsel, Rebekah Bichsel, David Ryan Cook, Bede Benjamin-Korporaal