We avoid things we don’t like. But sometimes things come our way that we can’t avoid (Hello, all of the things happening in our world right now!). When our circumstances deteriorate, what do we do when there’s nothing we can do?
- What are some things that you tend to avoid doing? It could be a “big” thing or maybe its laundry! Is there any “real” thing in your life that you are avoiding right now?
- When is a time your faith or confidence in God has been tested? Did you emerge with your faith
intact? If so, why? If not, why?
- People don’t generally lose faith because of their own suffering. People are more inclined to lose faith because of the suffering of others. Why do you suppose that’s the case?
- Read James 1:2. What stands out to you?
- In addition to your faith being exercised and strengthened, what other positive outcome might result from your current trial(s), or witnessing the trials of others?
One Final Thought
Consider Regi Campbell’s “Finishing Well” goals, while walking through his final season of this life:
- I will walk with Jesus every day.
- I will be grateful and live every day to the fullest.
- I will bless my family with words, pictures, and videos.
- I will invest in my guys for their good and God’s glory, not mine.• I will not give up and run out the clock.
- I will let people love on me.
How can you make these your own? Take some time to do this, and share them with our group.