For the leader: Happy Easter! Today is a big day for believers! This day in history speaks to what we know to be true–that Jesus wins. He defears sin, darkness, and death. These things were not the end of the story then, and they are not now. Jesus’ resurrection, brought us the hope of abundant life here on Earth, and eternal life as well. This was good news then, and this is good news today! We are praying for you and you lean into this story to remind your group of the HOPE today brings!
- Did you learn anything new about the Easter (resurrection) story this week from our daily devotionals or today’s message?
- Why do you think the disciples scattered after Jesus died? Does it make sense to you that they would do this?
- After the disciples saw Jesus alive, we see that they went from preserving their lives to risking their lives to tell everyone about his resurrection. Seeing Him alive, changed them forever! How does knowing Jesus is alive impact you?
- Read Philippians 4:8-9. What is one piece of truth you need to focus on this week? How are you putting God’s word in your mind each day (John 17:17)? With this, what are you doing on a daily basis to protect what goes into your mind?
- These verses also challenge to think on things that are “Praiseworthy”-things worth applauding. While this may be difficult right now, share something praiseworthy you have seen this week? Perhaps, it would be a good idea to write these things down so you can see them everyday as a reminder of God’s goodness.
One Last Thing
The verses we read from Philippians end with the promise that if we think on these things, “The God of peace will be with us.” This isn’t a matter of positive thinking, but rather a submitting to our risen King and allowing Him access to our hearts and minds. You can trust that He will be who he says He is, the Prince of Peace! You will find all you need in Him this week!