If you took the timeline of the movies & broke it down, you’d see that most of them are actually about training. As a matter of fact each one is about 90% training & 10% battle. Training is a major part of all of our lives.
- How many years did you spend in education? (Pre-K? College? Professional Development? Advanced Degree?)
- How much time do you or your kids spend training for a sport, art, band, or event each week?
- How many hours do you spend at the gym or working out each week?
- What areas of your life do you need to train more in?
- What areas of your life do you wish you had had more training? (Marriage, Parenting, Work, etc.)
- How/why do we train? Why is it important?
- Read 1 Timothy 4:7-11
- What stands out to you?
- What does this verse say is the benefit of training for godliness?
- Read Colossians 3:2.
- Do you tend to focus more on the physical training in your life or the spiritual training?
- “In simple terms spiritual training is becoming like Jesus. It’s becoming like Jesus on the inside. If we’re going to really make a choice to become more like Jesus, we have to believe the training is worth it.”
- Do you believe the training is worth it?
- Where have you seen that the training has been worth it in your life OR have you seen where more training would have been beneficial in your life?
Seven Exercises to Become More Like Jesus:
- Have you ever felt intimidated by reading by Scripture?
- How can we as a group encourage each other to read our Bibles and understand what it is saying to us?
- How often do you pray?
- Are you intimidated to pray in front of others?
- How can we as a group encourage each other to be people who pray?
- How has being in this group helped you train and grow?
- Where do you serve (at church or in the community)?
- How has serving someone else without the expectation of anything in return impacted you?
- If you aren’t serving anywhere, why not? What is keeping you from serving and how can we as a group help you?
- What are some barriers or hesitations we have to tithing or giving?
- How have you been impacted by someone else’s financial generosity towards you?
- Sharing Jesus With Others
- What keeps you from sharing Jesus with others?
- When was the last time you invited someone to come to church with you?
- Worship With Others
- How did online service during covid or another season in your life affect your view of being together in person for church?
- What are some of the benefits you have experienced by being together in person to worship with others?
When you give to the things of God, you lay up treasure in heaven.
When you share Jesus with others, you help more people experience eternal life.
When you pray, you invite the powerful hand of God into matters of this life.
Bible Reading Plan
Scripture: Hebrews 12:11
Book: How to Eat Your Bible
Book: A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World
Song: “Available” by Steven Furtick, Chris Brown, Jason Ingram, Matt Redman, Ben Fielding